Fly Tying
Chad Trout

Makisupa Fishman

I was going to ask the same question.

I am not clear if there is a strip of shrimp foil down the lenght of the body?

Would you post some step by step shots I would love to get a better idea how to work this one up it looks like a hot fly?

Thx dfield

Great flies, Chad. Do they drift, upsidedown like this in the water?

Mark

Thanks Mark,

Not really sure yet, going to test them out tomorrow! So I will find out then.

Dfield, Yes the magic shrimp foil runs the length. and on two of the flies I have over the shirmp foil is lateral scale to give it a bit of flash. I used a marker to color in the end of the shrimp foil near the eye and put a dot of UV knotsense to give it something extra.

I based the pattern off a mayfly pattern I saw somewhere. I think it will be a hot fly. Going to give it a whirl on one of our tailwaters tomorrow to see how they work. I enjoyed tying them.

thanx for the comments.

Hey Chad.

I really like those nymphs. How did they work? How small are you tying them for your tailwaters?

You know, I sorta expected that you'd throw a hotspot somewhere in there between the abdomen & thorax ;)

Hey Chad.

I really like those nymphs. How did they work? How small are you tying them for your tailwaters?

You know, I sorta expected that you'd throw a hotspot somewhere in there between the abdomen & thorax ;)

Hey Now Kev,

They fished pretty good. Hmmm, hot spot, didn't think of that. I have only tied a few up but a size 16 was the smallest I went and they seemed to do the job. I have some ideas brewing for smaller and adding the hotspot. Thanks!

sorry I missed ya when you were in Denver.