Fly Tying
Eric Brown

Address for Afghanistan Fly tying club

Hey all,

Once again thanks for everything. I am on my way home finally. It was a good tour and definatley an experience.

Anyway, I am writing to both say thanks and let you know that All the stuff sent was appreciated. There is a fairly large club that in spinning up, here in Herat. I sent a majority of the stuff up here awhile ago so they should have a good amount of materials. I left two vises at my base down south because there was more interest than I expected with the new group that arrived and I left them a handful of materials. Everyone is excited to learn and get a chance to get to tie some flies.

Again thanks to everyone for all of your support, if definately made the tour finish up a bit more quickly. I'll include the addresses here for all three groups in case anyone has something they want to send. I just can't say thank you enough.

Tight Lines,

Eric Brown

Farah Groups:

Send it to either:

Farah Fly Tying Club

PRT Farah

ATTN: ETT

APO AE 09354

_____OR_____

Joe Villers/John Peel

PRT Farah

APO AE 09354

____FOR HERAT____

James Klingaman

207th ARSIC WEST

APO AE 09354

As saw this thread while looking through the archives, it seems to have just stopped back in '08. Does anyone know if this/these tying clubs are still in existence? If they are please post or send me a current address.

Rick in NC

We sent a lot of material over there that yeat along with some vises. It really worked out at the time, but the problem is when their tour is over you lose your contact.

I haven't checked into that lately, but if you would take this on, it would be admirable, and I'm sure many would join in.

Ray

The wife and I have sent more than 100 "care" packages to our guys in Afghanistan and Iraq over the last few years, I sent a bunch of flies to the Baghdad Fly fishing club. I figure I should be able to round up some stuff for a fly tying group. I just need to know where and to whom to send it.

Rick in NC