Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
CapeBSalar

For Jamie Daly

Hey Jamie, and everybody.

Here is a couple pictures of a Green Highlander tube fly I did. This one is for you buddy. I hope you like it.

I sent you a PM regarding the rest of what we talked about.

There is one aspect of this fly that I'm super thrilled with how it turned out and that's the head. I've attached a close up image of the head itself.

Hope you all like my "conversion" of my favorite pattern.

Damian.

post-1500-1200273312_thumb.jpg

post-1500-1200273328_thumb.jpg

Oh yeah, thought I should add too, the green spey hackle used to be white burnt goose, I dyed it myself, first time dying. Trying new things lately it's exciting breaking away from what you normally do.

Very nice work Damian! I really like the conversion and think that there are many other patterns that we tie that could translate quite well to tubes.

Thanks for coming over to take a look Jamie. Yes, I totally agree. Jamie Daly has done a great job on an Ackroyd and I'm sure we'll see some others from him too. It's nice to try something new and I'm having alot of fun with these, only 1 problem, now I have to buy a bunch more tube fly stuff, wait now... where's the problem. LOL!

Glad you like what I did with this one.

Damian.

Damian,

Holy!!! That is superb! Great job with the whole thing. It's a shame that a steelhead is going to mess up that ridiculously perfect head. I am kidding!!! That one is getting put up for safe keeping! Great work and thank you!!!!!!!!!!! -Jamie

LOL!

You are most welcome, and I'm really glad you like it. Fish it if you want though. :)

Should be able to get everything in the mail to you either today or tomorrow.

Hey Jamie, and everybody.

Here is a couple pictures of a Green Highlander tube fly I did. This one is for you buddy. I hope you like it.

I sent you a PM regarding the rest of what we talked about.

There is one aspect of this fly that I'm super thrilled with how it turned out and that's the head. I've attached a close up image of the head itself.

Hope you all like my "conversion" of my favorite pattern.

Damian.

hi Damian

Great Green Highlander tube with a fine head !! Good work. :thumbup:

A fishing advise.

When fishing tube flies with a fixed hook turn the hook up side down. That way you wont get snatched half as many times as usually. Also the wing wil not get caught as often. As far as hooking ability it is the same at least I have not noticed any difference.

Jens

Great looking tube fly. One of my favourite tube flies here in iceland. killer fly in the autumn... Fished deep and let it drift across the current. Takes you dont forget.

Keep em coming...