Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Grayson

Orvis tapered foam strips

Not even sure what they are,my friend...??? Does Orvis still publish a fly-tying materials catolog?? I have requested one twice in the past year,with no reply. This is not like them!!! At any rate,have you tried calling or e-mailing their customer service department? They are quite helpful.

Sulfernut

I know this may sound like "coals to Newcastle" or whatever, but I managed to get a U.K. version of the "flytying & rodbuilding list" last year.

No mention of the elusive strips in any Orvis lit. I have though. Orvis market a lot of new product for other suppliers/manufacturers, often they run it for a year or so until their distribution ensures it's widespread. Then it either goes on general sale or fades away, often rapidly. Perhaps if you could show us a pic. then someone might recall it and say ahh yes thats a whatever by whoever.

Well if my computer willpost the correct picture here is Graham using some to tie a baby red eared turtle. I hope he doesn't mind.

He has colored the strips so just so you know they are really plain white.

post-13918-1203548125_thumb.jpg