Fly Tying
Fred H.

Deep water Blugill Swap

It looks like I may be one of the last to get my flies in, sorry. I should be able to get the crickets in before the deadline. I’ve fished with the prototypes twice briefly and they do catch fish. I’ll be out of town this weekend till Monday night (bow season in MO) but I plan on getting them done before the following weekend so I can get them to Fred before the deadline. They may not be the worlds best looking tie but, like I said, they do catch fish.

-D

Recieved flies from Big E today. Great flies. and thanks so much for extras.

Eric , I got to tie with Dirk Burton this summer. He is the man responsible for the Cajun Tickler, and I know he would be proud to see yours. Everyone looks like a clone of the other.Very nicley tied my freind.

Fred

Mine are finished,Send tour addy and they'll be on the way,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,B,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

if i get a chance i will post a pic tonight

Batman thanks for the heads up .Can't wait to see them. My addy is on page one of this thread.

Thanks, Fred

My Beadhead Crickets are done and will go in the mail today. This was a new pattern for me and I tied the batch in two or three different tying sessions so my consistency is not what I would like. I guess Fred and I are the only two who will see that though. Fred, the three Micro John Deere flies are for you. It’s a small version of a mini-jig popular in some of the trout hatchery parks here in Missouri but they catch gills too. My wife caught an 11 inch gill on one this past weekend at my dads farm. It was a really nice fish. We had them rigged tandem with the beadhead crickets and we nailed ‘em. I actually caught two small bass on the same cast. One on the cricket and the other on the MJD.

Here's a pic of that big ol' gill.

IPB Image

I can’t wait to see the rest of the flys.

Thanks for hosting Fred

-D

Nice gill, that's one my fishing buddy would call a "select" . Can't wait to see the flies.

Fred

Flys went out today. I sent two for every one.

The ones with the small bead chain eyes is the

one I usually tye on first. The ones with the larger

eyes really get down deep fast.

I'm sorry to be so late but a health thing made it

very difficult to tye.

Drath that is a great fish, I can hardly wait to tye on

one of those crickets.

tight lines and heavy creels

-Tom

Thanks for the update Tom.Looking forward to seeing your flies.

How about the rest of you? Havent heard from a few people.David Carlile this is our first swap together,how about an update. Frank (student4ever)will you be shipping soon?

post-4914-1222545876_thumb.jpgI have had some good results out of this color combo i believe cause it picks up a lot of light, hope ya'll like,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,B,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

fred it is a size 10 eagle claw crappie/minnow hook, a little unconventional but i've been using them for years

and they work,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,B,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks Frank. I recieved some beautiful flies from Drath,Iowaflyguy and Batman. Guys, like Floyd, Iowaflyguy sent everyone 2 flies.If I have time I will tie up another color as well. So instead of 12 flies you'll get back 15. Hows that for a swap?These flies are going to put a hurt on the bluegill population. This has been the best quality flies I have seen in any swap I've been in thus far. I hope we could keep this group together and do more swaps in the future.

Fred