Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
tennesseeflies

looking for fly software program

What kind of patterns?

The Fly Tyers Benchside Reference is a great one for techniques.

A good beginners DVD is Fly Tying- The Beginning by Hollywood Casting Couch.

What do you mean by fly software? A DVD? A website?

Are you looking for fly patterns listing the recipe of materials, or step by step tying instructions?

If you're looking for a pattern database, check out the pattern database on this site. You can sort by species of fish, wet, dry, nymph etc. and it lists the materials used to tie the fly.

There are many sites with step by step instructions and photos, and you'll find some here as well. Another site to checkout is www.flyanglersonline.com It has a good beginning fly tying section (click on the "Fly Tying" link on the left of the main page) and a fly archive (click on the pic of the "Fly of the Week" on the main page, and then click on "Previous Flies" to get to an archive of step by step instructions for a lot of different flies)

There are also a ton of sites out there that specialize in different patterns- "classic flies", saltwater patterns, warmwater stuff, trout flies, etc. that are constantly being updated so there is a lot out there.

Let us know what you're looking for and what you fish for. I'm sure there's something out there for you.

peregrines

I have a copy of The Fly Tyers Benchside Reference on an Adobe Acrobat format CD that I can let you have. Just send me an PM. I don't know if it will work with Vista though if you are running that.