Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
rich5665

Matarelli Style Whip finisher - Didn't know what I was missing.

The Matarelli tools are top notch. Try the Rite Bobbins and the C&F bobbins. I stock them and offer free shipping.

The Matarelli tools are top notch. Try the Rite Bobbins and the C&F bobbins. I stock them and offer free shipping.

Checked your site.Howcome no prices listed?Also,no pix enlargements or further specs on your Hare Something site.Do you carry the Materelli?Im down here in Wilmington & trying to get back into tying.60 mikes

like alot of things the right tools make the job so much easier and enjoyable. I love mine as well and tossed the spring style a long time ago.

OK.Thanx for input.Why did you toss the spring whip finisher?

like alot of things the right tools make the job so much easier and enjoyable. I love mine as well and tossed the spring style a long time ago.

Why did you toss the spring?were you using the "rotary"tool as Stockard described it ? 60mikes

There is no online store yet. It launches the first week of April with the exception of fly tying stuff.

I was helping a friend get rid of all his old tying stuff (meaning I am buying the stuff!) and came across this Springo whip finisher in a box of tools. I hated the Thompson style whip finisher and was very comfortable with the Matarelli, so that is what I used exclusively until I gave this thing a try. Now I prefer it for certain applications. Mr. Springo now has it's own hole in the tool caddy right next to Mr. Matarelli.

thumb_1758_T8501.JPG

The Whip finisher is the best . As for the bobbin rest I made my own out of a coat hanger and it works well.

You may have made ur bobbin rest but I made my own whip finisher from some steel wire I had kicking around hahaha (Matarelli style).