Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
happydaft

Tangerine Trout

This is a recipe that I created. I'm a type 2 diabetic and have to watch my cholesterol. This is a very healthy and tasty recipe. I got the idea to use Tangerines with Trout from the Chinese who use Orange peels to flavor Orange Beef. This recipe uses the tangerine as well as the peels. I also added Almonds and chopped Garlic which are sauteed in Olive oil and Margarine. These are all very healthy ingredients. Bon Appetit !

Strobist info: Tripod mounted Contax Aria, Zeiss 28-85mm f3.3-4 lens, Tiffen 81A Warming filter, Fuji Provia 100F, tripod mounted Contax TLA360 flash on photographers right with mini softbox attachment, Studio Systems SP920MDLVP monolight with small softbox on photographers left, lighting set up in a square configuration, f16 @1/125 sec. metered with a Sekonic L-508 zoom master meter.

post-10008-1241683268_thumb.jpg

Seasoned Steelhead fillet (Ready to Broil)

post-10008-1241683292_thumb.jpg

The ingredients for Tangerine Trout sauteed in a frying pan. They include Tangerine sections with seeds removed, Tangerine peels, Almonds, Chopped Garlic, Olive Oil and Margarine. Sometimes I cook these ingredients right in the pan with a trout fillet. But, in this case I had a rather large Steelhead fillet which I chose to broil because it was too big for the pan. The ingredients were then piled on top of the Steelhead fillet.

post-10008-1241683306_thumb.jpg

Ingredients for making Tangerine Trout.

If it's a small fish fillet, the ingredients can be added to the frying pan. If it's a large fillet or whole fish, the ingredients can be sauteed seperately and piled on top of the fish after the fish has been broiled.

post-10008-1241683322_thumb.jpg

Enjoy !

Rob Valine

www.RobValineimages.com

I just finished dinner and yet my mouth started watering as I read you post and viewed the photos. Looks like a great recipe! I intend to give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

I tried making this dish tonight for my family and we all enjoyed it very much. I served the sauce over pan-seared tilapia filets and topped it off with honey roasted shaved almonds. Your right, it is delicious. I need to make it a couple more times before I get the seasoning just right (I should have used a bit more garlic).

Anyway, thanks for the post. It gave me a nice dish to make for Mother's Day.

Cheers! :cheers: