Fly Tying
Dezod

Itsy Bitsy Fly Contest Voting

Itsy Bitsy Fly Contest Voting  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And the Winner is:

rstout

Congratulations, that beauty of a spinner was a #28 and was proportianately awesome.

Second place went to PK with his #26 parachute adams, the wing post is glo yarn and I am really excited to try that out for low light situations.

Almost everyone used Orvis 12/0, Sheer 14/0 or Trico 17/0 thread

The salty dog, not that it should matter how I voted, got my vote as his spinner was #32. It wasn't just the size, I think my photography hurt him in the voting. I took 12-18 photos of his fly and couldn't get it to look any better than what it did, but when everyone gets their flies you will see why that is where my vote went.

We got 4 of the 12 flies tied on TMC 512 #32's, Rockworm, Futzer, Utyer and saltydog all went small

I was impressed that everyone went more detailed than not, these flies were not thread bodies and some CDC, they were well thought out, tiny flies with distinct proportions and pieces. Everyone should be very proud of their flies.

This swap was fun and challenging, I hope everyone had as good a time participating as I had hosting.

All flies and prizes went in the mail today, so please be on the lookout and let me know when they have arrived. Also rstout be aware that when you open that prize box it will explode because it is stuffed. Also thanks txflytyer for the money that sent rstout his prizes.

Thanks again for making this swap one of my favorites.

C

All of the flies were great and tiny

Congrats, Rstout. and everyone, great tying. Cheers, Jeff aka Futzer.

Congrats rstout! Good job all. No offense to any of my previous SMs, but this was one of the most fun swaps in which I've participated.

Now that the reveal is over, here is the picture of the inside of the flybox that is included (less the flies) in rstout's prize package....

post-10599-1255311843_thumb.jpg

Oh, and congrats Dezod for the special delivery you're getting tomorrow! May everything go well for you, your wife, and the little one.

Everyone,

I appreciate the votes. I suspect that the quality and the size of the photos had a lot to do with how people voted. Don't get me wrong. I tied a mean spent wing trico but I suspect that the other flies were great also. I think the clarity of the photos hindered some. This is not a criticism of Dezod. I thought the swap was great and I do not think I have ever tried so hard to do my best.

My original plan was to tie a size 28 woven body emergers in olive and tan. I tied three and it was way to hard to even really see the woven body so I went with the trico instead. After I got the tricos tied, I tied a size 28 royal coachman that turned out really well if I do say so myself. I wanted to send size 28 coachmans also but did not have enough hooks to send 13 of the tricos and the coachmans. I will see if I can photograph a coachman to post.

Thanks again

Rob

Rob , you and the rest of the tyers did an awesome job. Your fly was very deserving of the win. Everyone should be proud of their submissions , I did'nt see a bad fly in the bunch. If you guys ever do this again I would be honored to participate.

Fred

Rob , you and the rest of the tyers did an awesome job. Your fly was very deserving of the win. Everyone should be proud of their submissions , I did'nt see a bad fly in the bunch. If you guys ever do this again I would be honored to participate.

Fred

Fred,

I appreciate that. I would like to do it again.

Rob

well I was hoping I was paying for my own shipping when I won lol

np I figured that I would send some thread and then money because everyone was saying they were sending materials. I thought it would be good to send some money too ..

next time this is going I am out for blood lol

(might be my own but I will win lol jk )

Chance