Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
tmatt26

Spring Break Fishing Trip.

It's been a while since I've been on here due to college and all. I am going to get a chance to go on a fishing trip during spring break. I was hoping to get some trout fishing in. I was thinking about heading down to gatlinburg, TN or to the Cumberland river in Kentucky. Just wondering which would be the better bet as far as productivity and fishing pressure. Also i need as many fly patterns as possible so that i can start preparing. Thanks guys, greatly appreciated.

Cumberland has been off all year, and fishing is mostly float. Have to time it right cause if the lake is up they're blowing out the river (=very few caught fish). Will prob be the same in the spring.

The Smokies is always nice, but the stocked streams in town produce too. I'd stick with standard beadheads with a midge dropper in town. High water in the spring Smokies calls for czech nymphing with a wet fly or non-BH nymph trailer.