Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
CharlaineC

novlty fly" I love you bugger"

Ok so i was feeling down because i missed my girlfriend and had noticed that sometimes my past hurts have cause isses in our relationship and it causes her to be hurt. this inturn hurts and upsets me alot, because i love this woman with all my heart. So i decided to design a fly for her that told her how i feel and As a way to show her how much i love her. I liked how the fly came out and thought it would be great to share it and see if it as a goo idea o offer a a submission to the database.

I call it the

"I love you bugger

Hook-any size long shank wet hook

Thread - red 8/0 or floss

Tail med/large dark pink chenille

Body med/thin glow-brite pink chenille

ribbing-dark red hen hecke

tail frame spring jewlery wire 10" long and thickness as the hook shank.

clamp hook in vise and lay down thread base

find the center of the wire and make a 90 degree bend. now bring the wire ends togeather to form a heart the size you want next to the hook bend. bend each side to create the point of the heart and have two straghts down 75% of the hook shank. clip off excess. tie in each side one a a time with it being parralle to the shank. be carefull not to cut the thread.

next tie in the dark pink chenille to hook hank and wrap the heart all the way around and tie off. now tie in the back part of the red hen heckle and the glow-brite chenille. and bring thread forward. wrap chenille forward and tie off. then wrap heackle forward and tie off. whip finish and coat the head with laqure.

mount how ever you want and give to the one you love.

I added a small langth of tippet and a splitshot with a card saying " You have me Hook Line and Sinker"

post-23117-1258364166_thumb.jpg

post-23117-1258364215_thumb.jpg

post-23117-1258364239_thumb.jpg

post-23117-1258364294_thumb.jpg

post-23117-1258364357_thumb.jpg

post-23117-1258364396_thumb.jpg