Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Firetiger

#14 BWO nymph about to hatch

Thank you gentlemen for your kind words :)

The flash cover is there for imitative purpose - when the nymph rises to top, about to shed its nymphal skin and emerge as dun the skin at back of the cover is filled with some sort of bubbles and becomes translucent; it will later split in this very place and the dun will make it thru the hole. I remember seeing it in some DVD and I really liked it.

Jindra

What hook is in this fly? Hanak's dry fly hook?

Yes, Hanák makes a Czech ripoff of Tiemco's TMC 103 BL. In this case any dry fly hook would do, I think

J.

Hi Firetiger I Really am Impressed with your work...I am Impressed With this Fly...I was wondering is it proven?? will it catch Fish?? I would like to tye this Pattern

if you know it catches Fish..... I will Try Out out and I will give it a good Try.....That Fly Definitely looks like real thing.....Maybe I'll give a try any way....

Talk To you Later

FlySlinger

if you know it catches Fish..... I will Try Out out and I will give it a good Try....

Thank you for your kind words, but don't ask for a guarantee - I have caught fish on a similar tie (abdomen of yellow thread well waxed instead of olive stretch) in the past, but fly fishing is not an exact science. If you get bummed don't blame me :lol2:

Cheers

J.