Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fred H.

Grasshopper

post-11886-1275318301_thumb.jpg

post-11886-1275318325_thumb.jpg

To the moderators . Please remove posts of modeled insects from the realistic forum. You could set up a new forum for fly tying related art.

Thanks , Fred

As iron is eaten by rust, so are the envious consumed by envy. ~Antisthenes

To the moderators . Please remove posts of modeled insects from the realistic forum. You could set up a new forum for fly tying related art.

Thanks , Fred

There is no envy . When all else is taken away by the passing of time , only truth will remain .

But I would'nt expect you to know anything about truth. Why don't you go and digitally alter some more pictures and lie on some more posts.

Thanks , Fred

There is no envy . When all else is taken away by the passing of time , only truth will remain .

But I would'nt expect you to know anything about truth. Why don't you go and digitally alter some more pictures and lie on some more posts.

Oh no !!!! Please Almighty Fred, mercy ,mercy!!!!!! , I will not do it again, I promise. Fly Almighty Fred, go to combat Epoxi Monster and your sidekick Resin boy . Fight for a world free of epoxy. :lol:

Best regards and will never change

Ps Your threats are part of your lifestyle, and that's pretty sad. Chau chau!!!!!!

Thanks , Fred

Oh no !!!! Please Almighty Fred, mercy ,mercy!!!!!! , I will not do it again, I promise. Fly Almighty Fred, go to combat Epoxi Monster and your sidekick Resin boy . Fight for a world free of epoxy. :lol:

Ps Your threats are part of your lifestyle, and that's pretty sad. Chau chau!!!!!!

What threats?

You are a liar. I caught you in a lie on this forum in front of everyone.You put a model of an insect and said you digitlly removed the hook. Why would some one remove a hook for a fly tying photo any way.Your attacks on me are as feeble and lame as your attempts to lie. Stop wasting my time.

Thanks , Fred

What threats?

You are a liar. I caught you in a lie on this forum in front of everyone.You put a model of an insect and said you digitlly removed the hook. Why would some one remove a hook for a fly tying photo any way.Your attacks on me are as feeble and lame as your attempts to lie. Stop wasting my time.

Mr Super Hero

Playing the victim role doesn´t fit you....everybody knows you.......

I reply tomorrow because I follow with my life. Cheers Chau Alfredito You´re a funny guy( involuntarily)

Thanks , Fred

What threats?

Mr Super Hero

Playing the victim role doesn´t fit you....everybody knows you.......

I reply tomorrow because I follow with my life. Cheers Chau Alfredito You´re a funny guy( involuntarily)

Adrian you suck at this. Worse than your tying.Give it up. you have neither the intellect nor courage to challange me. I laugh at your imputence.

It's funny . You two come at me because I speak out against people making models and calling them flies. Do you think your pathetic attempts will do anything but strengthen my resolve. I fart in your general direction.

Bring it Bitches.

Fred

Ok...I know I shouldn't but I'll answer anyway. <_<

I'm curious. What makes a fly modelled? The fact that the hook eye is removed? To much detail? A drop of nailpolish or epoxy for eye's? Paint for coloring?

Since realistic flies are more a creative thing for me than anything else I just like to get a result as close to the real thing as I can get.

There are things I will not do on a fly. No paint, tying parts on a fly and not glue them on....the usual stuff. But does a glued on part on another persons fly make a nice fly less nice just because it's something that I wouldn't do?

I agree that making a mold and pouring some sort of resin in that would not be much tying but you can be sure that there is a pretty long piece of thread holding my flies together. Sure, a coat of hard as nails will blend wraps of raffia together quite nicelly.....is that modelling?

And how can you tell from an webquality photo how one tied the thing without asking anything about it?

I think it would be best if everybody just ties the flies the way he want's to using everything he likes without having the flytying police taking you down for an investigation on how you did what you did and why.

You don't like a fly? ignore the topic. This macho crap is not doing anyone any good. ( this one sentence would be enough for an answer I guess).

Greets Paul

All BS aside. Realistic flyting is becomming more losely defined with every model posted. You begin buy cutting the eye off the hook.You have made a conscious decession to attempt to create a piece of fly ting art and not a fly. You have every right to do this and if it makes you happy please continue. My angst is not what you and Adrian or Andre do it's where you post them.

There is a new poster that has tied insect wings on a fly . Yet none of you said anything . How could you? You have all spouted off about how what ever anyone wants to do is ok . The things that are being done and posted in the realistic forum would never take place in any other genre of tying.

There needs to be a seperation at least in catagory , between what is made as art and what is tied .

Start a fly fishing art forum and post them in it . I think in art , especially free style art , anything goes .

Fred

Hey Fred,

"There is a new poster that has tied insect wings on a fly . Yet none of you said anything . How could you?"

This is exactly what I mean when I say, if you don't like a topic (or post) ignore it.

If I see a new topic I always check it, see what's in it and decide in a split second if I'll ever check it again or not. If I find something in the order like you decribe above I will dismiss it right away and leave it at that.

Why would I bother telling somebody like that that it doesn't work that way? Idiots come and go...that will never change.

As for starting an fly tying art forum, even you describe what "we" do as "fly TYING art" and we are at the Fly TYING forum.....isn't this just the right place for ANY form of fly tying? I like to think so.

Some of the extreme realistic stuff will be cool to try on semi realistic fishing flies and the other way around. It's the same as on every show I do, some people walk by without giving you a second look but others will talk to you and think it's great what we do.....it's all tying.

But.....I'm posting at an forum called Pure art flytying as well....it's all fun if you like flytying like I do.

Greets Paul

Pure art flytying was created by Mark Romero aka willowhead as he was known here before he was banned. I believe he was adding decorative beads and such to clasic patterns or tying freestyle and posting them in the classic forum. I'm not certain so please don't quote me on this. But it seems you have found a site of like thinking .

If this site were to offer a new forum for art (artistic flys ) (fly tying Art ) . Would you post there are in realistic tying?

Regards, Fred

I don't know anything about the background of that forum or the guy that started it. I received a mail from him some time ago and posted some of my flies. To be honest, I don't really check much more than this forum since I like this one best. So would I post there? yes I would...no problem. Same would go for any other forum I would like.

Salmonfly tyers have the same "problem" that we have here. Some tie flies with the upmost respect for the original patterns where others go wild and freestyle as much as they can.....yet I don't see these discussions like ours on the classic flytying forum. They seem to get along just fine.....why can't we?

Greets Paul

How about I just delete the realistic forum completely? I have never seen grown men piss and moan so much about the most ridiculous things. Why don't you guys act like you have a pair instead of bickering like a bunch of 12 year old girls.

I really don't enjoy saying the same things over and over again so I will say this for the very last time. Just because YOU have an opinion on what constitutes a fly does not mean that everybody shares that opinion. Nor does it mean that I should cater this website around your beliefs and it certainly doesn't mean that I should have to constantly jump in this same conversation.

Now, you guys either shut up or get off my website. I am far to busy to be babysitting a bunch of grown men.