Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
supersenior

Canadian Fly Fisher Magazine

The magazine has ceased publication as of November 2010.

The assets have been purchased by JenCor Entertainment Inc.,who host a fly fishing TV program on WFN.

JenCor is planning an email magazine sometime in the new year.

I am very angered about this. I have loved the magazine ever since I subscribe to it. It was awesome when I could take these magazine with me when I went fishing or out to my cabin. Now I can only read them on my computer. STUPID.... The replacement Outdoor Canada is a bad magazine (good for hunters and spin casters but not fly fishing.) Most likely will not subscribe to the online version. It going to suck not getting my hatches magazine with my CFFM.

Oh well I guess I have fly fusion.

Wellman try out the "Hatches" mag. Only problem is it's only a yearly. Great articles and really great photos

Most of the Fly Fishing Magazines that I've seen are expensive and have only 4 - 6 maybe even 9 issues a year. Even though Hatches is $8.00 an issue the quality of the paper, the photography, writing and limited advertising make it worth while. I hate buying a magazine that is almost half filled advertisements. As for magazines going online. . . Welcome to the Digital Age, I get most of my news online now.

Oh well I guess I have fly fusion.

Fly Fusion..cool... The guy on the cover looks like a special ops traveling through back country.

AAAAAAARG!! fly fusion is GARBAGE!!! has some flashy photos but NOTHING for content....the articles go no where and say nothing. Hatches and Fly Tier are 1000X better then fusion ever could be.

Canadian Fly Fisher Mag was the Garbage Mag, it was a destination and look at me mag that did nothing for Canadian Fly Fishing unless you lived in Ontario and traveled, If you lived in the west then they exploited our rivers and with no/nil/nada regard to the environment and the local situation on the river, Canadian Fly Fisher/FlyMax is every thing that is going wrong with Canadian Fly fishing, PiZZ poor fish handling and again exploiting areas and environments that are fragile at best with NO regard to the consequences.. That maybe why you do not like Fly Fusion because it is not a destination mag and does not tell you how, when and what to dunk in a river to catch fish..

Canadian Fly Fisher was full of fluff and designed to catch the eye of the impulse buyer who likes fluff and no substance..

Rant over..

I will continue conversations on this but by PM means, if anybody cares.

AAAAAAARG!! fly fusion is GARBAGE!!! has some flashy photos but NOTHING for content....the articles go no where and say nothing. Hatches and Fly Tier are 1000X better then fusion ever could be.