Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
octopusshrimp

Tube fly tips & tricks

Hi all, I'm starting this topic because I keep stabbing myself while tying with my Eumer needles that dont have the ball on the end. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem before I bleed to death would be great. I also figured that there may be other problems that can be solved if we all put our heads together. Thanks and enjoy. Marc

Use a scrap piece of tubbing to cover the end of needle. You can also use a bead, foam ,or whatever else you have to cover the point.

Mike P.

Take the eraser off of a pencil and put that on the end.

Evan, (why didnt I think of that) the eraser works great, just what I was looking for. Not to bulky, it stays put, and most of all I dont have to worry about getting stuck like a Salmon River Steelhead after it sees one of my flies. Thanks.

Use a scrap piece of tubbing to cover the end of needle. You can also use a bead, foam ,or whatever else you have to cover the point.

Mike P.

Mike thanks for the tips.

Take the eraser off of a pencil and put that on the end.

Evan, (why didnt I think of that) the eraser works great, just what I was looking for. Not to bulky, it stays put, and most of all I dont have to worry about getting stuck like a Salmon River Steelhead after it sees one of my flies. Thanks.

Glad I helped.