Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
profly

Fly competition with cash prize

I have been a consistent reader on this forum for quite sometime now. I just decided to register :)

With that being said I have been viewing the competitions here and I can't believe what a lot of you come up with. Amazing work. There is a fly tying competition on Lunkertalk - fly tying competition I would love to see someone win from these forums. Says there is a cash prize so who knows... I will be posting some of my flies on this site and maybe I will see some of you there!

Thought I share the wealth :)

Welcome profly, looking forward to your fly contributions...post often , post lot's and don't forget the database....

Welcome profly, looking forward to your fly contributions...post often , post lot's and don't forget the database....

Yeah I do a lot of tying after work. My bad habit is that I used them after I tie them. I would really like to get into tying realistic looking flies. People on this forum have talent and can't wait to tie my own.

Yeah I do a lot of tying after work. My bad habit is that I used them after I tie them. I would really like to get into tying realistic looking flies. People on this forum have talent and can't wait to tie my own.

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for sharing the link. I actually started tying realistics a month or two ago. The best tip I can give you is to not try to hard of flies at first, start with an ant and once you master it then move on to another fly like a bee.

Thanks for the tip. Anywhere where I can find a how to?

Also I would like to participate in the competition on the site I posted. Wondering what I should tie. Any suggestions? Anyone else going to participate? Would like to know my competition. I have been reading non stop on this forum, great stuff but couldn't find an easy how to for realistics...

I emailed LunkerTalk to see how much the cash prize was. He/she said its a 100 bucks minimum and the more members that join and contribute to the contest the higher the value will be. But at bare minimum its a 100 bucks! Wish me luck

a good place to gets tips is on the realistic section. Just go back a while until you find the pattern that you are looking for.