Fly Tying
gaeronf

Hackle, Hackle, Hackle....

Ok so does anyone know where we can get hackle now??? All the beauty salons and high school girls yanked them off the shelves. Who knows were I can get some. Looking for grizzly to tie size 20+ hooks. Thanks!

1. Grizzly

2. Brown

3. Ginger

4. med. dun

5. black.

**6. White.

if you want to save coin, buy white and dye feathers as you need them. I do this if a color is not available. Plus buying brown is always a crap shoot, as "Brown" has a wide range.

Cree hackle is very nice, but i know the fish dont care. And for the price they go for id rather buy a brown and a grizzly. imho.

Hijack- That is crazy! I'm starting to consider selling off my saddles...............

You can always just buy necks, most the humans and dogs are only putting saddle feathers in their hair/fur.

I have lots of saddles and hackles from saddles. I prefer No hackle flies and I primarily use neck hackle for my tying, when i actually use hackle. If you ask me, (which no one did :lol:) Rooster hackle for dry flies is over rated. But with that said i use a lot of whiting products. There nice quality feathers. ;)

Ok so does anyone know where we can get hackle now??? All the beauty salons and high school girls yanked them off the shelves. Who knows were I can get some. Looking for grizzly to tie size 20+ hooks. Thanks!

Whiting Bronze cape, has plenty of micro hackles your looking for. A silver even better. You can then cut the portion of the neck you want, and sell the rest of the cape. Save some money on hackles. ;) But to be honest, hooks of that small of a size and light wire, dont need hackle to float, imho and experience. Dubbing alone will float a hook that size. ( and most larger sizes as well, but shhhhhh) :lol: