Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Laxi

Brown trout nymphs

Hi guys. I've been doing some brown trout fishing lately and the set up I use has two flies on the leader.

The summer here has almost been nonexistent and the river I fish is really cold. So at the end I have this really heavy nymph to get down to the trout at the bottom.

2jl.jpg

A little above I have this caddis imitation. As you can see it has suffered some rough treatment from the brownies.

2jl2.jpg

And here's a proof that they work(this one took the heavy, beaded one)

1jlrlkjarsefri2.jpg

more photos of the brownies and report here: http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=60615

Nice fish, and flies! Since they are so productive, you should put them in the pattern database. (Can you tell I want the recipe without wanting to say it directly?) ;)

Nice fish, and flies! Since they are so productive, you should put them in the pattern database. (Can you tell I want the recipe without wanting to say it directly?) ;)

Hmm, these flies have been lying around in my box for about two years now. It's been so long since I tied them I can't remeber any details. The only extra information I can give you other than looking at the pictures is that both flies have strips of led underneath the material to make them heavier. Other than that it's a pretty simple tie and you just follow the photos. Oh, and the yellow caddis imitation was tied on some funny looking sedge hook.

Sorry if that doesn't help much.