Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
salty fly

Fish skulls

Just got Fish Skulls,checking them out.I have not used this product before,these are cool little things.can I get to it

ride hook point up or down by placement of the Fish Skull head?On the bag it shows you putting the rounded side down,it rides low on the hook shank. If I flip it over so the rounded part is on the top of the hook,the hook should roll over and ride hook point up.Well I am going to mess around with them,get out on the water and swim a few diferent ties around and see what happens.

Thanks,Bryan"salty Fly"

Yep, the rounded side determines which way the fly rides.

One hint from lessons learned the hard way. When tying on your body materials, make absolutely sure you leave enough room for the skull head PLUS the thread stopper that goes in front of the skull.

Second hint, when tying on the body, frequently put the skull on the hook to see how full the body is directly behind the head. If you have a thread lump way in front of the body materials that stops the skull too far in front of the body materials it looks strange.

Yep, the rounded side determines which way the fly rides.

One hint from lessons learned the hard way. When tying on your body materials, make absolutely sure you leave enough room for the skull head PLUS the thread stopper that goes in front of the skull.

Second hint, when tying on the body, frequently put the skull on the hook to see how full the body is directly behind the head. If you have a thread lump way in front of the body materials that stops the skull too far in front of the body materials it looks strange.

Thanks man