Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Big J

Dry Fly Swap (Due Date: September 15th)

So I haven't been on here much with DLP class, working full time, and fishing in my free time, so I'm due for a swap. Who wants in on a Dry Fly swap, I was thinking tie your favorite small wild trout stream dry fly for your pattern. Lets see if you can fill 12 to 15 slots on this.

Here are the swap rules:

•  
  • Post on thread that your in the swap and name the pattern your tying
  • When flies are done, PM me for my address
  • When mailing flies, include a return envelope with your address and close to the correct return postage.
  • All flies are to get to me by September 15th

1.Big J - #14 Black Ant

2.FisheyeDon - #18 Black Cripple

3. Famill00

SWAP CLOSED

It isnt looking good for this Dry swap

It isn't at all, I will give it till the end of this week and if no else joins, want to do just a 6 fly swap me and you? I give you 6 black ants and you give me 6 black cripple flies?

Hello Guys/Gals,

I have been posting on another forum for a while now and saw a blip about this one. I am new to tying. I started in January and have been addicted ever since. I am 28 and live in the suburbs of Chicago. I would like to get in on this swap with a size 14 parachute adams. This will be my first swap on this site, and I have read the rules of the swaps. Please let me know if you are willing to let a newbie into the mix!

I am looking forward to all the swaps on here.

Thanks,

Forrest

So, how many of these should I tie up? I am thinking we each tie up a dozen and then they get divided equally amongst the tiers?

-Forrest

So, how many of these should I tie up? I am thinking we each tie up a dozen and then they get divided equally amongst the tiers?

-Forrest

Sounds good to me. I'll close the swap and we'll each tie up a dozen. Three people swap it is! FisheyeDon you cool with this?

-Forrest

Sounds good to me. I'll close the swap and we'll each tie up a dozen. Three people swap it is! FisheyeDon you cool with this?

Works for me and if you guys want I will do 6 black cripple and 6 sulfur

Sounds good. I'll pm you Monday the address to mail the flies to. Going Sunday to college so I will know my address then.

You know, if you are going to fish the flies you get from swaps and not just use them for display or models, than you may be on to something here. If i receive one fly from a person I am more likely to put it away for further study...aka copying. If I receive 3-4 then only one will get displayed and the others are getting wet... :lol:

Mine are in the mail as of 4pm today. Some of the parachute adams have different tails than others. I was experimenting... Anyways, I hope you all like!

-Forrest