Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Njardar

Wisconsin Fly Fishing

Does anyone know if there is any fly fishing near Manitowoc or Kewaunee counties in Wisconsin? In late September I'll be camping at Devils River campground in Maribel and would like to fly fish if there is anything in the area. Any links to Wisconsin fly fishing websites would also be appreciated. What I've found so far have not been useful.

Thanks in advance!

- Charlie

Does anyone know if there is any fly fishing near Manitowoc or Kewaunee counties in Wisconsin? In late September I'll be camping at Devils River campground in Maribel and would like to fly fish if there is anything in the area. Any links to Wisconsin fly fishing websites would also be appreciated. What I've found so far have not been useful.

Thanks in advance!

- Charlie

http://dnr.wi.gov/fish/species/trout/trout_maps/Manitowoc_color_portrait.pdf

Charlie western wisconsin has better streams than eastern. I always like going to the big green.

pat ehlers has his shop the fly fishers near milwaukee. rich mc

Thank you for the suggestion, it turned out being expensive :) I checked out his website and ended up with a closeout Echo Ion 8wt and Pat heavily discounted a demo reel. The only thing I paid fulll price on was the line, he threw in the backing for free. What I great person to deal with! He said if I called back a week to week and a half before my trip he'd tell me what was running.

- Charlie

[

http://dnr.wi.gov/fish/species/trout/trout_maps/Manitowoc_color_portrait.pdf

Charlie western wisconsin has better streams than eastern. I always like going to the big green.

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately I'm trying to squeeze in flyfishing on a brief trip to WI. I will keep in mind for the next time.

- Charlie

Guest rich mc

glad it worked out for you, getting a deal. i have heard good things abiout the echo rods. rich mc