Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
FlyFishin'Jam

fly fishing in the GTA, free spots, trout, salmon etc

Amazed this time of year, had the grand river spey clave to watch demonstrations and talks along with fly tying at this event http://www.grandriverspey.ca/

Too much talent! And that was the best day!

But here is something else, some app you can load the fishing maps with parking/ access/ and pool names. Check 'Niagara River'.

Very useful, anyone visiting Toronto download this app for phone, or just register for a free account. Access points, Parking, Pools etc!

http://www.canadasflyfishingoutfitter.com/maps.php

To me its great. So is talking and hanging out with like-minded people with fly fishing and local information.

I do not and have not had a cell for about 7 years, but it works on your computer too! Of course you have to check the regs book however this seems useful.

Anyone else have detailed information and access to any of their local fishing areas including 'secret spots'? I'd be the worlds worst guide even with all this technology, does it get in the way of actually fishing?

I also gone Niagara falls and tried fishing their but i could not found any fish there. IT was my bad luck.

A couple of weeks ago Niagara may have been very difficult not so much from the rain but there was a great amount of gail force wind which blew up Lake Erie and made things a bit mucky. Right now is looking great, levels have dropped right off, plenty of fish around and they can see your fly.