Fly Tying
Jordon W

Wader brand warrantys

I think maybe one of the best options would be to go see what brands this shop has in stock or are able to order for me. If they dont have a cheap pair that would fit my summer fishing needs, I could always use the $150 on reel and line and buy waders from another source.

I bought a pair of simms wader this early spring. I use them for steelhead in the spring and fall. I probably go fishing 60-80 times for steelhead a year. So I do use them alot and I am rough on them, I do alot of hiking up and down hils, thru briar patches, climbing up the riverbanks on my knees, and sliding down hillsides and riverbanks on my arse.

My waders sprung a leek on the inside seams by the knees, patched them with Aquaseal. Ended up patching them a total of 3 times. It was a case of them always being creased/flexing on the inside seam area for the most part. The wader mat'l was wearing thru on the outside where the reinforcement tape ended on the inside. The reinforcement tape was too narrow and now newer ones have a wider tape on them. I was told by a fly shop owner that sells simms that the particular style I bought had a issue with the reinforcement tape on the inside and what I experienced he had seen before. I didn't send them in until beginning of December and got them back in less than 3 weeks. They did a excellent job of fixing them by adding a wider reinforcement tape and they also patched the boot covers where holes had developed on top of one of the boot lugs.

The shop that I bought them from assured me that I'd have no issues with simms on the repair even tho we were not going to return them until I was done fishing for the year. I was worried about simms standing behind them after I slopped up the inside and outside of my waders with aquaseal. I too was told of issues with simms standing behind their product. I also thought that the fit could of been better. They are baggy in the legs and chest area. So when I took them in for repair I expressed this concern with the shop. They had me try on different sizes. It came out that I had the best fit I could get with standard size waders.

So I am satisfied with my simms and would buy another set. Hopefully they will last for a couple of more years. I am glad with the help I got from the shop I purchased them from and I am sure that the shop can apply pressure to simms if they want to. I also like the fact that simms makes their waders here in the USA.

I could be totally wrong but I'm pretty sure only certain simms products are made in the US. I think the lower end waders and all the accessories are made somewhere else. Once again, not totally sure about that.