Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
nyFLYguy05

3D Pop Flies

3D Baitfish Flies

Great flies. Question, is that Supreme Hair(Super Hair)? With CCG or Softex? Looks like they may be a little stiff in the water....if I may suggest try a little bucktail(tied hollowfleye) with reverse tied Icelandic Sheep....then CCG...will give you same profile, with a sexy shimmy.

Cheers,

Sean

I tied a few of these and used softex to keep from fouling around the hook. We went out last weekend in a local lake ( mostly just to scout out a new lake and swim some of my flies to see how they looked) mine didn't have much action and kind of looked like a stick going through the water. Maybe I put too much softex? Good looking flies as usual.

Thank you guys! Bucktail and iclandic huh? Do you form the shape with the bucktail then put the iclandic around the bucktail form? Sorry for asking so many questions lol

Thank you guys! Bucktail and iclandic huh? Do you form the shape with the bucktail then put the iclandic around the bucktail form? Sorry for asking so many questions lol

start with a bucktail "tail"....hit with a little softex....flash....tie bucktail about mid hook hollow fleye style light on bottom(white) dark on top(your choice)...more flash split on both sides of Buck Tail....use same color Icelandic fur tied reverse behind eye making sue fur encompasses 180 degrees of hook ( on bottom add throat of pink artic fox or similar fur) comb out ahead of hook then fold back encompassing BT with fur Hair shoud extend past BT "tail". apply CCG on spine of fly alittle past bend, pull fur to get desired Baitfish shape and hit with light, repeat on bottom...add eyes, CCG, more CCG and done!!! sexy shimmy and a Striper dinner bell!!!