Back Country Flies

Small baitfish flies to imitate spearing, sandeels, anchovies, sandeels, ect

All tied on size 2 gama big game hook, short shank

post-36479-0-36584400-1331086308_thumb.jpg

post-36479-0-69112300-1331086313_thumb.jpg

post-36479-0-25399200-1331086319_thumb.jpg

post-36479-0-77547500-1331086325_thumb.jpg

post-36479-0-57835300-1331086331_thumb.jpg

Love these small baitfish profiles, your anchovy tie too this type of fly is very useful and great to fish, nyFLYguy05 nice work!

Thank you sir! Always appreciate the kind words, really do. You sling bugs in the salt?

When i get a chance! Yet i would really love to do it more, stuck here in Canada at the moment and all my next trips are in the fresh till around July.

Thanks Kirk, appreciate it! I tell you what, my next trip is going to either be for slob redfish down in Louyville or Florida for the silver king.

FlyfishingJam - Hey man i mostly fish salt with the flies but when I get a chance i LOVE slinging frog poppers to hungry largemouth and pickeral. I caugt my biggest pickeral last year on a red/yellow mickey finn. For some reason the pickeral in a local lake near me love red/yellow mickey finns. All types of fly fishin rule!

nyFLYguy05, i just got back from some salty fishin' and the fly of choice was a tiny shrimp tho, i was so surprised that i would get takes when the fly was completely static in the water or just slowly sinking, love that! Seemed at some time it was not so much about the fly just the presentation, which is why you need little light baitfish like this as well as great big clousers (for deeper jigging) as opposed to skinny flats or shallow baitballs.

My fresh stuff is more smallmouth bass which tend to hang around rocks, they love crayfish and stuff like that, go like crazy too.

Ahh this was the shrimp

PC060887.jpg

Jam, you're just showing off! Those look great and I thought the ones you sent me last year looked good.

NY, the bulls like something that has some presence in the water but it has to sink pretty fast as you usually find then in 3 - 4 foot of water although you can get them shallower. The smaller reds, under 15lbs., can be found almost year round in real skinny water. Those bucktails would work great in shallow water but for the deeper holding reds, I'd put some medium bead chain and a ram's wool head or some type of synthetic material spun or wrapped on and trimmed like a blunt bullhead kind of like a muddler minnow.

You would have a blast sightcasting for reds down here in south Louisiana where an average day is 24 and many more shots when conditions are ideal and maybe a little fewer when mother nature isn't cooperating.

Kirk

Kirk