Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
willbb

Sage TXL-F 3710-4

I've been looking at getting a 3wt rod recently, because in the streams that I fish, many of the trout are tiny and even the bigger ones don't give a great fight on a 5wt. The last time that I went out fishing, I was fishing a dry, then a small trout did a huge take, causing a splash, I got excited, thinking that I had finally caught the monster that I have been looking for this whole time, I did a rather violent hook-set, only to see 2" rainbow come flying out of the water and land at my feet. It was at that moment, that I said to myself that I needed a lighter rod. I've looked into it rather extensively and I now have my heart set on the Sage TXL-F 3 wt 7'10" with a Sage Click III reel and Sage quiet double taper fly line. I have found it online with free shipping to Australia, but before spending so much on a rod without ever having tried it on the water, I thought that I would check that no-one has had any bad experiences with this rod. Also, should I get the ultralight BlueSky furled leader to go with this combo?

Thanks,

Will