Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

A Christmas fly swap

Hey, I was just thinking, maybe we could have a fly swap, where we could get all of the flies right there around Christmas. Sorda like a Christmas present to everyone on here, from everyone on here. I`m not ready to be a host of one yet, and have never been involved in one, but I was thinking maybe this would be a good idea. Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

not sure I could manage it, G,....just too much goin' on at work this time of year.....might get a few to jump in with you though.....give it a shot and see if anyone wants to whip something out!!! good luck!

Oh, and right now we don`t have any rules, but if we get a host and some more tiers, then we`ll figure out the rules, according to what everyone everyone that entered, fishes for. Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

It may be hard to get others to join in. There is a swap going on now and flies are due then.

I'm still healing the finger, and very anxious to get in to the next swap.

I would like to even host it. I have an idea for the swap were the only rule is one of the materials must be from a game animal you shot, a friend shot or was given to you. Road kill would be welcome as well. If you can tie the entire fly from material as mentioned, even better.

The recipe must note how you came about the material.

I hope to host this swap early next year, and would like to have a dozen tyers.

interesting idea, J. Rodakill limited to game animals, 'cause I kinda ran over my neighbor's dauchsaund this morning...may make some fine dubbing!!!

Dogs, cats, rodents road kill is road kill. Got a mouse last night in the garage. Looks like some new dubbing material.

I was cleaning up the bench the other night.

Ran across material I totally forgot about.

Old collar from a fur coat, eye lashes from a doe I shot a couple of years ago.

grouse tails, pheasant tails etc. Stuff that got tossed in to a shoe box. Thinking one day I would use it.

As tiers we are junkies. Always looking for a new material and nothing goes to waste. One thing I like about this fraternity is most tiers are willing to share a surplus of material.

I work in a corporate building. One day this lady walks in the elevator with a fur coat. I comment how nice it was, only to find out what kinda fur it was. Russian Raccoon she said, damn I forgot my scissors !

Got one going on another board. If anyone is interested, send me a PM, and I`ll tell you how to get there. It is going to be a 10 person swap, and then sign up date is going to be 11/66, with the flies need to be to the swap master by 12/10, I know that doesn`t give you alot of time, but if you go ahead and start tyin, you can get it done. I recon I`ll prolly tie half of mine tonight, and the rest tomorrow night. Then I have to get my tier of the year flies tied, then the bass swap flies tied. WOO buddy, I`m gonna be a busy tier comin up. LOL! tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

Yea, 11/66. Why wouldn`t anybody register? LOL. J/P. I ment 11/26, just in case anyone is interested. We already have a swapmaster, so thats not what Im askin for. Just tryin to find some tiers. Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck