Fly Tying

No Voting Change!

I would like to apologize for confusing you guys over the voting for the contest. I was in no way trying to determine the winner, I was simply "weeding" out the unnessary flies out of the Best Overall Fly category.

Enough people had a problem with my changes that I will keep it the way it is. The voting will be conducted EXACTLY as it has appeared on the contest page since August, and will also be EXACTLY as it was coducted last year.

So nobody can accuse me of favoring any entries or particular tyers/patterns.

I really think everyone will understand what I was trying to say after it is all said and done, but I understand what you all were saying.

Please visit: http://www.flytyingforum.com/contest and familarize yourself with all of the rules and how the contest will be conducted. I don't want anyone surprized with the outcome.

I worked for months on this contest and don't want to see it go down the tubes here at the end.

Have fun guys the voting is coming soon.

Will

Hi Smallie,

I really was confused, still am a little bit. I think what you were suggesting, putting the three runners up in each category into a later vote for best overall fly. This would save us the burden of looking at 400 flies all at once and allow for just judging the top 40, and the overall winner is most likely to be a part of this group. I think you are doing what's best, not changing the rules this late. This might be good for next year? I really appreciate your time photographing and posting all the entries. At least you get to keep all the fly's. biggrin.gif

Graham

Smallie:

I didnt realize you had so many entries, I offered gift certificates for next years contest and seeing how many flies you received, I will donate 20 gift certificates for this years contest as well...

They will all be for mounts/or reproductions...

Hope this helps out....

feathers...

feathers,

That is wonderful, I'm sure all the participants will really appreciate the offer! Send me an email/PM and give me more details on the prize.

Thanks again

Will