Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Marlboro MA FF Show

I will be at the Marlboro show all day Saturday...hunting down the tyers for the book...so if any of you are going to be there Saturday ,let me know and we can meet... just post here and let me know what's up... I will be around the tying table, but walking around... I have a white mustache and incredibly handsome ( not like Dave Fix) devil.gif so you can't mis me. I will have a checkered shirt and an Orvis 2004 guide hat on.

I intended to go to this years show as I'm in search of a reel but this Noreaster' will be keeping me home. Looking forward to the book. Hope we'll bump someday.

I had hoped to see you there today, John, but the Noreaster prediction persuaded Bill Strakle, Red Clark and I to go yesterday instead.

Yes Bill, I would have like to see you... saw a bunch of people and had to chase down flies... nice talk with Lou Tabory and mark Sedotti... Spent some time with jack Gartside and Enrico puglisi, Dave Skok , Mike Martinek and a couple others...Nice to see old faces of fishing buddies... spent $80 bucks on Material at Down N' Trout. Had Lunch with a great artist named Walt Koda..carver and illustrator...did the illustration's for Bob Veverka's Spey book. Finally spent some bucks on a Dyna King Junior Trekker..... got home just in time before the storm.... see you in Wilmington ...Maybe we can hook up at Fishing the Cape..I am suppose to do a tying session some evening this winter...but no date set yet.

Let me know when you will be at Fishing the Cape and I'll try to get there. Will you be at the Bears' Den show?

Right now (8:30 AM) Temp. is 29

Barometer is 29.11 and still falling

Wind is about 45-55 NE/ENE

Hard to tell how much snow cause of the wind but both of my doors have drifts blocking them up to 4'. When I go out, I'll have to go through a window.

There could be some big changes on the outer beach around high tide which is between 10 and ll AM and again tonight. They are likening this storm to the Blizzard of '78 in Chatham. Right now, seas are 25' to 35' with winds gusting to near 70mph there and expected to go over 70 mph.

I was planning on going, but not only did I forget, I was sick with the flu for most of the weekend, as well as extrememly large amounts of snow and the pats owning the steelers, it just wasn't in my plans. the bear's den one looks cool, I should be there, because I actually know where the B/R high school is.

Cheers,

Mr. Jingles

John I'm also going to get the Trekker. I have done some machining and can tell you that it's very well made. Good to see you at the Show. Got to meet Dave Fix one of these days. biggrin.gif FishHawk

You to Bill...only way out of my house was through the window...but hey had to let the dog out somehow. Driving around for work today it amazing to see how many cars were apparently abandoned, buried, and then found by a plow - Yikes.

Looks like I wont have to cut down any trees in my yard for a while...God beat me to it.

Good to see you at the show Bill-

Anybody who listens to striblue's anarchic rabble-rousing is in trouble... dry.gif

laugh.gif

Friday I wore a checkered shirt and my UFT hat, so there - namedropper rolleyes.gif tongue.gif !