Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Goats

Cape Cod surf fishing

I will be attending a wedding on Cape Cod, arriving on Friday the 13th and staying until the 16th. I will be taking my 9 and hoping to do some casting. Any info would be appreciated.

Go to reel-time.com forums - it's New England-based and you'll get a ton of help. Mid-September should be prime for bass and blues. A 9wt with an intermediate line should serve you well - don't forget your stripping basket if you're gonna fish the surf. September is also false albacore time, but you'll need a boat and a guide. I'm from RI, so I can't give you any local info - the few times I've fished up there have been on the Monomoy flats out of a boat.

don't forget the seal flies, theres a big one up there that loves seal flies..lol

head to the point and provincetown beaches should fish well.

Goats,

fishing the surf will be tough on the outer cape as the Sharks have the seals up close to shore. but rent a kayak at one of the local places and fish out on the flats can be productive. this time of year you will have a good chance for some bigger stripers and blues and if you fish the deeper edges you could pick up a few albies. there are several good shops out that way as well.

steve