Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Mechanical Advantage

Sling pack fit?

This may be an odd question, but how is a sling pack supposed to "fit"? I recently got a Vedavoo mini sling pack, and while I love it and think it's a great product, it just doesn't seem to fit as comfortably as I thought it would. How high or low is it supposed to ride on your back? When I carry a backpack I generally have it ride lower, more on my lower back. But if I do so with the sling pack, the buckle sits on my shoulder. When I tighten up the strap and raise the pack up more, the buckle is more in the center of my chest, but the strap is right under my armpit. Is this how it is supposed to fit? Sorry if this seems silly, but I've never worn a sling pack. Perhaps it should be noted that I am 6'2", and while I'm not a heavy guy, I have broad shoulders and a long torso. Thanks in advance for any help.

I started using one this season also. With my Simms pack I have been gradually making it tighter and higher on my back. I am much shorter than you but also have broad shoulders and a long torso. I am getting used to it, I figure it will take me a season to work out all the bugs and get things arranged to my satisfaction. It was the same thing when I started using a fanny pack.

Steve

I'm wondering if there is a significant difference in size between the standard Tightlines sling and the TL Mini. I got the mini since it is a little cheaper and more basic, which is exactly what I wanted. I know the pocket size is a little different, but I had assumed that the basic size and shape was standard. But I just saw a vid where the owner talks about the Little Bugger kids' sling pack being great for kids 8-12, and the TL Mini being great for kids 12 and up. On the site they don't really specify. Guess I'll haveto shoot them an email and see if the standard Tightlines would be better for me, or if I just need to get used to a sling pack.

Emailed Vedavoo and got a super quick response. Turns out while the Mini is basically a simplified version of the standard Tightlines, it also tends to fit people with a slightly smaller frame. Just wanted to give people a heads-up if you are debating between the two.

Scott has been super helpful trying to get me into a pack that will work best for me. Big thumbs up for Vedavoo and their customer service.