Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Saltybum

Down but not out

islander, I think 5 or 6wt is pretty light. Yes?

Andrew, is there anywhere good in the lagoon since spring algae bloom? Did catch several dink trout in barge canal right before surgery. Nothing over 14" but an improvement anyway.

Salty: haven't been out since right before Matthew, and even then I was heading further south. But will be going out Thurs/Fri to check a few spots in the 'Goon and will let you know. Have this new pattern I want to try out on the reds (suspending bendback, posted about it here a few posts back). Want to try a black or a brown version of some redfish if I can find 'em ....

AP

Andrew

For a couple weeks in May-June I was finding good numbers of reds off S. Tropical Trail to include some jumbos. Sadly they were very lock jawed and skittish. Saw very few trout, like 6-8 all spring compared to last few years I see would a dozen or more fat ones every wade, including some 30 inchers. Then everything completely disappeared.?

Later in July some tarpon did show up for while.

Hopefully this next year will improve some. But after watching the news about another sewage spill in Eau Gallie I think the lagoon clean up efforts will be a joke. A bad one too. Our extra tax dollars going in the toilet, literally.