Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Looking for editors

Hey guys,

I am looking for some members who would be interested in volunteering in becoming an "editor" of the fly pattern database. I need members who feel they have a decent knowledge of a particular species. So if you feel that you have a good knowledge of trout flies then you could volunteer to be one of the trout fly editors.

The basic function of the editors will be comb through the fly pattern database in search of patterns that you would recommend for that species. I plan on using the editor submitted data for some special sections on the website site. For example in the future we will have flytyingforum.com/trout and that will show display the trout flies picked by the editor(s). This would be a good quick reference for anyone who comes on here and says "I'm looking for a good trout pattern to tie", we could point them to that page.

This position is open to all members and I'm looking for editors for any species that you could imagine, from panfish to salmon.

Each editor will be given a special badge that will be displayed below their name so other members will know who the editors are for a particular species.

For anyone interested please PM me.

Thanks

Will

Thanks for the great response I got so far, I will answer everyone's PM's soon when I figure out more of the details.

So far I am in need of some warmwater editors; panfish, bass...etc.

I will be getting with all the editors tomorrow so that I can somewhat give you guys an overview of my thoughts. The programs have not been coded yet but I hope to get some ideas from the editors on things we can do.

Everyone who has showed interest in becoming an editor should have gotten a PM with some details on the program. If you did not get the PM, please contact me.

I think I got most of the species covered for now with the exception of saltwater species. I don't have any saltwater species editors so if your interested, contact me.

Will

Sign in to follow this