Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
feathers

Fot those who won a gift certificate

I know I haven't been on here much, I've had 2 more surgeries, and extensive physical therapy on my knee. Then can't for get work. And I am sorry for the delay but I hope this will answer some questions of those who has sent me emails on those certificates:

First of all: There is no deadline, as long as God pumps blood thru my veins they are valid.

Secondly: I can make a reproduction from a picture of a fish you caught from years ago, the more information the better of course on the out come on the fish, but I will work out the details on that with the individual and Im sure we can come up with a happy medium. It's hard when all the measurements aren't available, but I can work around that.

Third: If you catch a fish, just take a few pictures, and the nose to tail measurement and the girth, and wrap it in newspaper and placing a piece of cardboard by the tail to protect it from bending and/or breaking helps a million.

I only spray a lacquer (same paint thats on your vehicle) then I coat with it with clear coat and bake it for several days. I feel lacquer brings out the true colors when it was alive other than any other colors on the market. I place them on driftwood, but I don't over kill on the wood, the fish is the most important specimen on the wall, not the wood. At least in my eyes. With cold water fish, I put on a cast head, this way I eliminate any chances of greasing out, cracking, shrinking,etc. and you'll never know the difference. All this is at no cost to you. It just takes a bit longer thats why Im mentioning it.

I email the winner when the fish is going to be shipped, so they have something to look forward too, and all I ask in return is a email stating their fish arrived at their residence.

Please feel free if there is something I didn't cover, just bare with me when sending me a email, it may take me a day or two to get back to you, I'm just starting to move around with out saying ^&%$ every step I take.lol..

feathers

Feathers,

it is good to see you back on the board again, I was wondering what had happened to you. Sorry to hear about all your misfortune, hopefully you will be back in action soon.

best of luck!

Will