Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Dble Haul

CFR donation recap

We had an interesting trend in the donations to Casting for Recovery this year. The overall number of tiers who donated flies was down from last year, but the average number of flies donated per tier was much, much higher. This resulted in a larger number of flies donated than in years past, despite the lower number of tiers.

In no particular order, I would like to thank the following people for the genorousity that they have shown in both time and effort:

Damian Lee Welsh

Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia

Michael Verbeek

Allendale, MI

Michael Ridlon

Harriman, TN

Christopher Wood

Bronx, NY

Joseph Beck

Carnegie, PA

Michael Feiger

Paulina, OR

Graham Owen

Burbank, CA

Paul Tidroski

New Port Richy, FL

Robert Farrand

Birch Run, MI

Ken Paterson

Mississauga, Ontario

The flies have been sent to CFR, and will soon be in the hands of those who need them. Thanks once again for the great show of support! smile.gif

When you do this again I will contribute! I am currently finishing up a similar fundraiser for the Canadian version, Casting for Life. Just waiting for the custom flybox in the mail hopefully on Monday....then God give me the strength to pass it on! ohmy.gif

I sure don't mind helping out with CFR as well!

Inconnu

I'm in Canada and haven't heard of this, could you send me a link or some information, I'd like to make a donation.

Thanks,

Damian

Sure no problem. Actually if you want to send them direct you can do so through this site.

www.castingforlife.com

Or you can send them to me and I will put them with the next raffle box. I also have contributors send me their signatures on a piece of paper and I put them in a card that goes with the flies. The organization is headed by Lynda McLennan, who if anybody knows something of western Canadian Flyfishing, is the wife of Jim McLennan of Iron Blue Flyfishing.

It is a worthwhile cause and I am very glad to know another person is helping out....Kerry