Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

New to the Board

biggrin.gif Just wanted to say hi to everyone, Joined a few days ago and have had so much fun poking around just now getting to this...

I live in Northfield Falls, Vermont and am on my second year fly fishing and tying, although I've been fishing since I was 5. I also hunt which provides some feathers and skins now that I know how to clean them right.

I frequent alot of the fly fishing boards, never can learn enough. Originally from Western NY and the tribs over that way although it was always with spin or casting tackle.

Hope to pick up alot of hints and if I can help.

Tight Lines to all,

Fatman

Welcome aboard !

What spieces do you fish for in VT?

When in Western NY, did you fish for those huge brown trout ?

Jim,

I fish for Browns, Brook and Rainbows. I live right across the street from one of the Best trout streams in Vermont The Dog River. Also fish up in the boonies around the beaver dams.

Yeah the big browns were great, if you ever get the chance to fish the Oak Orchard River and hook into one you'll know why. Going home for thanksgiving for two days and I'm going to try if I can get away for a few hours for one of those big browns on a fly rod, it was fun on the spinning rod but somehow it's got to be a blast on a fly rod. Hopefully I'll find out.

Strap, mostly trout flies wet and dry, or if I get something in a swap and it works, I'll tie up some more.

Thanks for the welcome,

Fatman

Big Daddy says "Hey" and the fact that you're a trout fisherman shall not keep me from engaging in canversation biggrin.gif biggrin.gif . Welcome to the board! Glad to have ya!!!!!