Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
blackdog1101

Keeping Hooks Handy

If your vise is one with a pedestal, remove a couple of the magnites from Tiemco hook cards, and apply them to your pedestal. They are adhesive backed, and I was able to simply peel them off of the card and press them onto the pedestal. They've been on there for over a year now. I've got 2 on my pedestal, side by side, and they make approximately a 2" x 3" area for putting hooks when I'm tying.

If you have a "C" clamp vise, simply put the cardboard end of a Teimco magnite card under your vise when you clamp it to your work surface.

I like to get my hooks ready before I start to tie, pinching down the barbs, adding beads, etc. As I do each one I put it on the magnites and it's ready to go once I am.

I use the magnetic business card backers available at many office supply stores.

I use one of those "spoon rests" that are found next to cooking stoves and glue the magnet card underneath. Then I screw that to my bench. Works gret and holds 50 or so hooks at one time. Oh yeah, I used a white plastic one so I could see the hhoks better.

longears

Sign in to follow this