Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Favorite Fly Fishing Waters?

What is your favorite fly fishing waters?

Mine would have to be the great Smallmouth streams of Indiana!

I don't know what you guys are going to think, but I get twitchy thinking about hybrid bass on summer evenings on Lake Hartwell. For just the absolute fun of catching fish, this is my favorite fishing.

I tell you what we have a big hybrid "mock spawn" run up the Ohio River during May and it is some of the most exciting fish on earth I think! Nothing beats fighting a 10lb freight train in 35ft of water on a fly rod. Man that rocks

Without question, it is the Susquehanna River for me. There may be alot of anglers, but the flow is so wide (nearly a mile in some places near me) that you can be alone. I fish it 12 months out of the year. My wife thinks I'm nuts. blink.gif

I fish both salt and fresh water, so I'm going to have two answers to this question. In the salt it would be Ascension Bay and in fresh it would have to be DuPuy Spring Creek.

my fravorite small moth bass river i s the st croix river in washington county maine my favorite landlock samon stream is grand lakestream also in washington county maine

calvin kidder biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Gotta be hickman Creek in Jessamine County. There , SH, now you know where all those big spring smallies came from!! Little creek...panaoramic....little manmade debris...NICE fish in the lower reaches....and any creek SH and Pops ain't!!

Guest Guest_big daddy hubbard

i'm not going to dignifiy that with a response tongue.gif