Fly Tying
Radoslav Kiskinov

A dragonfly nymph

Hi, everyone

it is me agin, the Shark from Bulgaria.

Here you are my january fly of the month of my site:

http://akulata.com/jan.html

This is a pattern I saw in an article of Brian Chan of the winter edition of FTj.

There are many of this nymphs here in bulgarian ponds, rivers with slow waters, by banks with rich vegetation.

The materials are:

Hook- #6 - #10- nymph hook, X2 long may be

Body - deer hair

Head - deer hair

Legs - pheasant feathers from the stomach side of the bird, also mey use partridge feathers.

Lead - tiny length of lead.

It is very good for chubs and trout, with floatant fly line and monofil leader.

If there is no lead on the hook you can use sinking leader and flyline.

If you fish in a pond you have to wait untill it get down to the bottom, and after that drag slowly.

Best to you all,

Radoslav Kiskinov - the Shark

Brian Chan is the King of the chironomid in these parts. He's even coming to Edmonton next week to put on a 2 day seminar for the Northern Lights tying club and guests. He does alot of stomach pumping on the fish he catches, to see what they are feeding on, with out killing the fish, and then ties up his flies to match. Pretty simple, but it works great.

Hi, guys,

I'm happy that you liked it, I've a lot of things for sharing. This is just the beginning.

QUOTE ("pacres")
Brian Chan is the King of the chironomid in these parts. He's even coming to Edmonton next week to put on a 2 day seminar for the Northern Lights tying club and guests. He does alot of stomach pumping on the fish he catches, to see what they are feeding on, with out killing the fish, and then ties up his flies to match. Pretty simple, but it works great.

pacres, I also think that Brain is very good insect explorer. Gary LaFontaine is may be the best for the caddis, Brian is for the chironomid, i dont know. I've readed his articles about the "Lake structure" , "Confessions of a Chironomid Addict" and some other, there is a lot of true in them.

Next time I write, I'll share some pictures of step by step making of a midge emerger.

I have some questions for you too, and I'll ask them in the right room of the forum.

Best to you all!

Radoslav Kiskinov - the Shark