Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Saltydog

BAIT FLY

GHOW, heres one, on a 3/0 hook as john said you have to COMB it then TRIM it to get it to look good. then when fished you got to keep COMBING it out.enjoy

GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN cheers.gif

post-21-1073837007.jpg

Great bunker profile. The alewife showed to me is on a 1/0.

If I get the opportunity to albie fish this year I've go some ideas for cone head Jiggy's.

This winter can't move along fast enough for me..........

Great Rich!... I am having computer problems again... I need to send this desk top In so I will be on my son's ..should take about 10 day... even with a full recovery and new hard drive... and another full recovery my computer still hangs or freezes....So I will not be checking as much but will still be around... This really is a pain... spent all day on a recovery with the tech people on the phone... started fine..but an hour or two later.. it hangs again...

there could be many reasons that your computer hangs and freezes, the most obvious would be that you are running to many things on your computer and cant handle it, it could be obosolete and many other things, it could be that you need to just defrag. it could also be that your computer is overheating in which case you should check to see if the heatsink is seated onto the chip correctly and that too much thermal paste was not used, if you use to much it becomes an insulator instead of a filler to fill in the gaps that you cant see on the heatsink. open up your computer and take a vacum and get all the dust out, clean the fans and also get some compressed air to move the dust from all the hard to get places.

-Jack

Jack...Thanks ...I will try that... the box is coming tomorrow to send it in...but I will do that before... I may just send it in since it is still on warrentee... but I can not even do a Dick diagnostic..it might make it though or it might freeze.... I will try a defrag...but I just did a factory recovery so I don''t think the there is much to defrag and I have only a little softwear on... but thanks... it was fine with all this OTHER stuff on about two months ago.... I have even taken off instant messanger that the kids used.

Jack..The more I think about it..it is only a year old so it's not old and I have done everythig from getting a new hard drive two weeks ago to numerious system recoveries... Thsi dust thig might be it... I will take a strandard Vac tomorrow morning and carefully try to remove all or much dust as i can... i am not familiar with the insides except with the easy job of plugging in a new hard drive... But id too much dust can do this it could be it... because the other things you say just don't fit with the current make up of this relatively new..one year old computer...but there is alot of dust inside.... I have no compressed air so I will try a carefull home vac.

its probly what i figured it was, the dust will act as an insulator too causing it to get hot in your pc case, if it gets all in the heatsink then the fan doesnt push the proper air against it causing the cpu to heat up and then your pc will just turn off once it gets too hot do to safety setting put in place to protect your chip.

hey, hey, hey!!! What the hell!! thought this was a "tying" forum...not a techies discussion panel! Stay focused, fellas!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Besides, all this tech talk makes me feel lonely and left out...a bit stoopid in the ways of most technology!!

BIG DADDY HUBBARD, been quiet, resting, I BROKE my arm a few weeks back an it TUFF TYPING w/ one hand,will be in cast for another 8 weeks, BUT im going to up some ONE HANDED FLYS as soon as I get mo ta vated baby.gif thats about it from this end, GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN cheers.gif

JOHN, I know how you feel help.gif Iwent threw the same last month w/ my system. it o.k. now. maby see you saturday, GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN wink.gif

p.s.time for a cigar an a cold one. smoke.gif

glad to see you back around...let us know how the one handed flies turn out!!! some pics would be interesting!!