Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

FB Popper- Little Mack

Will..yes I have on sand eels..I will post that eventually...but balsa is pain to carve evenly ...so I just opt for the standard foam.... These done in any way you want would make great Bass flies...since the coloration can accomodate Bass flies... You can experiment and do them anyway you want..just don't feel locked into the standard Flash popper,,, and you can combine flash... make immitators or just wild attractors..try a jungle cock eye...you know the drill.

john,

Don't carve the balsa (it'll never carve evenly). You can very quickly file with a rasp and sand to just about any shape you want though....

Mark Delaney

Thanks Mark.. I think you are right and that's the way to go will balsa...to sand it.... I was thinking ,going forward ,that ,for fun, I would do a series of classic saltwater poppers..like the Gibbs Poppers ,But for the fly rod and i would have to sand to get the shape.

i appreciate your tying...and I'd be delighted to see a series of classic saltwater poppers...

Mark

Mark, YOU DOG!~ I was finally one up on the famous Honorable John Morin...and you go and tell him how to shape balsa!! No words can describe my disappointment.... crying.gif crying.gif laugh.gif