Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ladykiller

Velvet Eel?

QUOTE (Ladykiller @ Jan 21 2004, 07:38 PM)
I wonder how the "velvet frog" came to be ..... rolleyes.gif

This has absolutely nothing to do with fishing.

I've been lucky enough to appreciate good music in my life; I like almost every music style except the latest murder&mayhem crap-rap slap-bitch F&@%YOU screaming dirty underwear pants-hanging stupid hat sideways fingerpointing idiocy - and any of it's closely associated cousins.

Through friendships, contacts or associations I've made in my life I've been fortunate enough to meet and become friendly with many notables in the music world, some of whom who have passed on but leave a musical legacy that can only be appreciated by those afficionados or buffs or fans who hear, view and understand music for its many parts, whether they be entertaining, educational, soothing or what have you. Crap-rap and it's gangsta cousins aren't music - to me, anyway.

Here's a very good answer to your question re: Velvet Frog - which has nothing to do with fishing, unless you appreciate good music on your radio while traveling.

I've am honored to have met, sat with, spent time with and shared genuinely friendly time with this person, as well as many others in the music world, many of whom are now departed, who can never be equalled or replaced but, whose legacies of innovation, style, creativity, development and furtherance of the music industry will live on in the memories of us who truly appreciate what "music" really is.

Here is "The Velvet Fog" (Frog). Enjoy.

http://www.spaceagepop.com/torme.htm

The Velvet Shoe... wink.gif

I grew up on Rap, and while much of today's examples suck eggs completely (the nicest thing that can be said for it) there is still some good, positive stuff out there. I just got a pre-release of the next album(CD) by The Cross Movement, a Christian rap group who kicks butt. Very creative production and rap skills.

I've always had very broad tastes in music. I don't think a musical genre exists in which I can't find something I like. Lessee...

Rock

Rap

Punk

R&B

Blues

Country

Classical

Jazz (and all sub-categories of jazz)

Reggae

Ska

Pop

Metal

Funk

Disco

Bluegrass

Standards

Big Band

Swing

Zydeco

Neo Soul

Man... I'm suddenly in the mood for a party! Jumpy.gif

Gotta love Zydeco. Go Buckwheat!!!!

I've been getting into quite a bit of "World and Afro Pop"

I'm like you, I like it all. Dead can Dance, Angelique Kidjo, Madeline Peroux, ect.