Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Great site you have here.

I've been visiting this site daily for months, and I'm amazed at the flies that are shown and the help is always passed on. I don't belong to any fly tying clubs, I'm mostly self taught, but I do stumble thru the patterns as they are shown and it is most helpful. I'm here in the desert area of southern California with no fly stores close by. I did participate in the Whiting Co-op and was a plucker for the first time, I did three capes 2 dries and a flatwing, good first time experience for an old western Penna. boy.Again thanks for the information - Great site

Pat Carroll rolleyes.gif

Pat, Welcome Aboard and stick around; I'm sure you former W. Penna types haven't forgotten what produces back in your old stomping grounds!

How long have you been at the tieing aspect of this insane pursuit? rolleyes.gif wink.gif

Hi dfix- I've been tying off and on for over 20 years, but never very long. I haven't done much fishing, but certainly have a blast tying, especially with the new materials and the computer has really been a wealth of info.

That is where this site shines, there is so much information available, the patterns that are daily added and the interaction keeps me coming back for more.I visit other sites, but keep coming back to this site on a daily basis.

I want to thank ridderbos for turning me on to the Whiting co-op and OSD is a wealth of info,. as well as others. There are certainly a lot of talented tyers showing their skill on this site. One of these days I need to enter a flyswap,and try not to feel too depressed at my fly tying skills.

Have a good one, Pat Carroll rolleyes.gif