Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Dave_Fulton

What to Tie Right Now for Maryland & Pennsylvania?

I am looking for information regarding what flies I should be tying for trout streams in Central Maryland and South-Central Pennsylvania, for example, Big Hunting Creek and The Yellow Breeches. Specifically, I am interested in dry flies that will be productive in the next couple of months. Here is what I have come up with so far:

Crickets: Size 12-14

Hoppers: Size 10-12

Beetles: Size 12-16

Ants: Size 12-18

Slate Drakes: Size 12-14

Tan Elk Hair Caddis 12-16

White (Miller) Fly: Size 12

Are there any that I should add, remove, etc? Are there any specific colors, sizes or variations that I should focus on?

I have mostly been chasing SMB up until now, but recently became really interested in targeting trout with dry's.

Thanks!

Dave

Besides any of the Pennsylvania guys here you could also check with the guys at

Fly Fishers Paradise Website

since they fish it the most they should be able to help ya out just go into the forums and register and ask away and the owner Steve and one of the other guys who run the shop will probably chime in to.

Fatman

Hi Dave! Looks like you've got it pretty well covered there......however,there is one fly I would add ( one that I almost NEVER venture out on the water without) and that is the Griffith's Gnat,in sizes #20 to #26.

This simple little tie,has saved the day for me more times that I care to remember.