Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Introduction

Just wanted to say hello... I recognize some names here and i post on basically 4 other boards and am the Fly tying moderator for Stripers and Coastal game fish one one of the boards.. I fish out of Chatham on Cape Cod and have been fly fishing for 40 years and saltwater for about 15... All fly fishing and have published some flies I have originated on these boards and in one national Saltwater flyfishing magazine. I will have two original flies in "Fly Tyer" mag this winter. I started tying about 4 years ago and all I tye are saltwater flies. Live in Winchester, Ma and summer in Chatham... 3 kids ,one in College and I participate in UFT in Burlington ,MA. The flies I have developed are the Crab Apple, The Flounder Around and the Feather Brain. In order to learn I copies most of all the Bonefish flies in Dick Browns Book and have communicated with him on developing a Bahama Crab Apple which he tested out last year. I have had personel encouragement from Bob Popovic and keep him informed of the progress and effectiveness of these flies particularly the Feather Brain. Nice to see a tying board and look forward to contributing.

Welcome striblue!

This is a fairly new forum so we are still in the growing phase and I'm glad to see saltwater fly fisherman starting to show up around here. There is a great variety anglers here with a variety of tying skills and geographic locations making this a very diverse forum so far. We hope you come back often and share some of your knowlege of the salt because it has always fasinated me, but have not had the opportunity to give it a try yet (can't get away from the Smallies laugh.gif ).

-Will

Do I know you? biggrin.gif For some reason I think you are a mod with me on Juro's board, right? laugh.gif biggrin.gif

Hey, nice to see you here. We can simply post here. What a concept. biggrin.gif

Just wanted to say hi and welcome aboard headbang.gif

Looking forward to seeing your flies in " Fly Tyers Mag..."

Thanks for the welcome and I am far from a pro...just love tying and thinking about different ways to do it... look forward learning from you guys.

Steelie - YEP - HE'S WHO YOU THINK HE IS!!! tongue.gif (OMYGOD - and here I thought I could have a few minutes peace!!! help.gif )

I won't say exactly WHAT my involvement in his arrival here is/was, save to mention it to Chris and Will wink.gif cool.gif