Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
nrthcsteel

some tubes.hollows and flatwings

Well with steelhead season winding down thoughts and tying are turning to the salt and salmon. Here are some tubes,hollows and flatwings. Pretty new to this saltwater stuff but sure am enjoying them. Thanks for the link in the previous post about flytyervariant, picked up some real nice saddles from John. And also thanks for the critiques and suggestions. The big dark ones I tied for stripers. Never really fished for em but remember seeing a show and a guy was fishing the Sac delta with a twelve inch long black rubber worm and was knocking em dead. Tying these up has got me fired up to go chase some stripers this spring so am planning a trip to the delta. They around ten to twelve inches. Maybe the Delta leech will work who know. Anyway hope you all enjoy. Thanks to DTrout for all the help and inspiration and a few other things that helped in the tying of these!!!!!! Kevin

post-4870-1173754449_thumb.jpgpost-4870-1173754479_thumb.jpgpost-4870-1173754502_thumb.jpg

Those are really nice looking fishy flies. The silhuettes are right on. If I could make one comment and that is to consider putting a touch of complimentary color into the fly. It creates the illusion of glinting scales and creates a glow, for example pink or violet with chartreuse. I have many flatwings that have the same qualities as yours and have taken plenty of stripers with them.