Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TimRussell

One Happy Camper!

Hey all. I went fishin today for the first time since I got off groundation. lol. It was cool. It was also my first time using my new flys yall sent me and once again thanks for them. Anyway when I got home I did my homework, grabbed my fly rod, fly box, and pliers and headed to the public pond. My brother also went with me. My bro was fishin a minnow type swimbait on his ultra light spinnin reel (he doesnt fly fish blink.gif ). Anyway I started off with a clouser minnow and had high hopes of tempting a nice bass to bite but no such luck. We didnt catch anything so I switched to a golden colored popper with no luck but lil tiny bream where follerin it perty good. After that I tried a grasshopper fly and no sooner than it hit the water a big bream came up and hit it but only got the legs bugeyes.gif . We didnt catch anything the whole two hours we where there but we still had a good time. A guy that was down the way from us was fishin with live nightcrawlers on a rodnreel and caught a lil tiny bream. Maybe Ill make it out again tommorow if I can talk mom into it. ttyl, tight lines, and good tyin.-Tim smile.gif