Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Micke

Yellow Squirrel

Mixon,

Unreal beauty! That is a beautiful fly. After gazing at the rest of your flies, I love how you work a soft hair wing into your flies. I am use to hair moose or squirrel hair in my wings, but the fox hair reminds me of templedog style flies.

You have an unreal talent and style Mixon. But one thing, I cannot find those mustad bartleet hooks anywhere. What exact hook are you using? and where can I get them?

Phil

Hallo!

Phil, and thanks :) the hook I use is Partridge Bartleet Traditional (CS10/1) and I buy it here in sweden.

Here can you find some Partridge hooks

http://secure.netsolhost.com/287920.292344...p;Store_Code=CF

Yes the foxhiar is like tempeldog,you can try to tie in the moose or squirrel like an under wing and foxhair above the moose hair or squirrel ;)

Let me no know if you get some hooks :dunno:

Micke

Hey,

Sorry I didnt know that Partridge was made by Mustad! I have some partridge bartleets! I like them better then the bartleet supremes. When I did a google search for Mustad Bartleet and couldnt find anything.

Man I feel stupid right now. None the less sweet style! One of my favorites for sure!

Phil

Mixon,

Where do you get all your for hair? All the packs of artic fox I the fibers are not very long. When I see temple Dog Style flies the fox hair is very very long. Maybe us Canadian have some short haired foxes or something lol.

Phil

R.W., Mustad owns Partridge is all that is. They bought 'em a couple years back. You can still get the CS10 no problem. Just ask any fly shop where they know you and they sell Partridge to order what you need. Simple. You might also like the Mustad 80500 BL hook.....it's nice, and or the Daiichi 2050, 2051, etc. (Alec Jackson models) which are also very nice. Also, if you want real good Artic Fox.....get ahold of Mike Hogue at Badger Creek Fly Tying. He just got me two Himilayan skins.....he he he he he he. Oh, and another Magpie skin. :yahoo:

Micke.....(first, i still wish you were commin' to tye with us in June, lol) can you please put that pic up so it can be blown up a bit? Sure like to see the fly better, (Larger) ...with more detail. Or just give us a BIGGER pic. Thankx.....the fly looks great from what i can see.....

mark..... B)

Royal Wulff!

The tempel dog hair is longer an the foxhair, it can be hard to find long foxhair.

Alec Jacksons Hooks is even better.

You can look at my home site http//:www.mickes flugor.net