Fly Tying
Will Milne

Pattern Photography part2

I really like the Wimberly brackets a lot, both the macro and telephoto. I think I have everything Wimberly sells except for the full size gimbal head. I also really like the macro brackets from Novoflex are more versatile with loads of accessories, but it is bulkier and harder to travel with when compared to Wimberly brackets.

Will, I really like the look of your reflectors, and lightweight flex arm!!! Very inspiring!!!

Here's a link to an interesting Polish website I recently found, haven't tried to translate it, but I found it while following links with info about Igor the master macro guy from Germany. I think it is the rig he uses, and there are links on the page to other possibilities as well as how to make a nice snoot as well as a more portable macro setup...

http://www.stopa.cso.pl/technika/index.html I think you need to click on the links on the left side of the page for images to be visible.

Graham

Looks good to me ! Nice work ! Using the reflector is a pretty cool idea. This would be great for shootings insects outside in low light where you can't use multiple lighting set ups. I have a small soft box attachment that I usually use on my on camera flash. I just bought a new macro lens on ebay that I'm anxious to try out. I've been using macro zooms and prime lenses with diopters up until now. It's not quite the same as a real 1:1 macro.