Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flymaker1

Tube Swap

Sorry guys I just lost a week to the worst cold I've had in 20 years. I have one pattern done and I will finish the other and get them in the mail asap.

St4evr

Everything is done, and my wife just left for the post office. So they will be in the mail today.

Here is what is coming and the source flies. :yahoo: :yahoo:

Here is the lawyerpost-12269-1203970996_thumb.jpg

And it's tubepost-12269-1203970848_thumb.jpg

I added a copy of the hooked version for hosting ...Thanks for doing it

And the Miyawaki Beach popperpost-12269-1203970788_thumb.jpg

and it's tubepost-12269-1203970925_thumb.jpg

As I said the layer is a killer pattern in Prince William sound for Silvers (salmon).

And the beach popper was developed by a local fisherman Leland Miyawaki for fishing saltwater beaches in the Puget Sound. This is the salmon sized edition, he does a smaller one for sea-run cutthroats. If you google him, you can get all kinds on information on how he fishes it. My guess is that it will be a good pattern for bait on the surface anywhere.

I have shots on how to tie these if anyone is interested. While the pictures don't show all the detail on the lawyer, the black rabbit is palmered on backwards and you use 2 bobbins to get it on.

Enjoy

Student4evr

wow ,got my box of tubes today.Great Job everybody .Flymaker sorry I think I forgot to toe tag mine.And I see I'm not the only one. Are you gonna post pics with the names by them?